Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- I Failed: The Google June 25th Update Shows No Patterns
Over the past week or so, I’ve been collecting data on the June 25th Google update. I have received over 70 web sites that claimed they were hit by this update and then I also requested…
- Google Can Index Content In iFrames
An interesting question was asked in the last Google hangout with John Mueller at the 21:16 mark into the video. The question was around controlling or influencing Google to index the page of content that is embedding the iframe over the source of that content…
- Google Search Console Index Status Takes 4-6 Days To See Data
You and I know that Google Search Console is often a few days lagged but did you know that it can take 4-6 days for a new verified profile to start showing data in Google Search Console. Often I see that happen in less than three days but sometimes not…
- Google Posts Expire In About 7 Days
I don’t see the information currently in the help documents but it appears the Google Posts you make in Google My Business expires around seven days later…
- Fourth of July Google Doodle & Bing Animated Home Page
Happy Fourth of July, America’s Independence day. If you are wondering why the news is slow or your traffic seems dead, it is because today is a big US holiday.
To celebrate, Google and Bing have special items on their home page…
- Mozilla’s Billboard: Big Browser Is Watching
Here is a photo of a new billboard up somewhere that is sponsored by Mozilla, the organization behind the once popular Firefox browser. The billboard clearly takes shots at Google with the line big br
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- @glenngabe @SamUnderwoodUK If that’s what people want their site to be know for, … * shrug *, John Mueller on Twitter
- @simon_glanville @glenngabe Yeah, but not officially supported = you can’t rely on it doing what currently happens., John Mueller on Twitter
- Judge Dismisses Facebook User Tracking Lawsuit, WebmasterWorld
- July 2017 AdSense Earnings & Observations, WebmasterWorld
- Top Tips for e-commerce Success 2017, WebmasterWorld
This is a news feed, by author Barry Schwartz, the original post can be found here Daily Search Forum Recap: July 5, 2017.