Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Spam Update, SEO Tips, AdWords Tests & Christmas Workers
This week Google may have pushed another algorithm update…
- New Google Update Targets Link Spam & Other Unnatural Links?
For the past few days, I have been tracking webmaster forum chatter around another update that may have started around December 26th or so. The dates are a bit fuzzy…
- Google: Fetching Content From Other Web Sites Does Not Add Value
You see this a lot in the publishing world, where you have the same article published on hundreds of web sites. Normally it is from a news source like AP, where they send out the feed, third party publishers fetch it and then post it on their site…
- Google Maps Doesn’t Allow Negative Reviews From Current Or Former Employees
Google now has updated their review guidelines to prohibit and disallow negative reviews from current or former employees.
The new section under “conflict of interest” reads:
Maps user contributed content is most valuable when it is honest and unbiased…
- Aleyda Solis -The Search Community Honors You
This is part of the say something nice about an SEO/SEM series – feel free to nominate someone over here.
- The Google Office Is Empty During Holiday Season
Nimrod Levy, a Jew, posted a picture of his floor at the Google office he works at, the Dublin Google office. It is a ghost town, it is all dressed up for Christmas and the New Year but no Googlers a
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Via @johnmu (1 of 2) Providing a message to ad blocker users that they should turn it off? You might be presenting that to Googlebot as wellâ¦ https://t.co/dA2kcRQHTr, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- Troll-Buster Bot Banned By Twitter, WebmasterWorld
- *Journalists* are getting rich selling the swag sent to them by linkbuilders and other marketers, Cre8asite Forums
- @dawnieando @patrickstox That’s still a HTML page, even if it’s just a list of links on HTML. Sitemap files usually don’t require interpretation, they’re cleanly macâ¦ https://t.co/WDNMDxO5kx, John Mueller on Twitter
- This article from @Suzzicks on @sengineland is really a must read: “What to watch for in 2018: Mobile SEO predictionsââ¦ https://t.co/PSxXfo4qE5, Marcus Tandler on Twitter
This is a news feed, by author Barry Schwartz, the original post can be found here Daily Search Forum Recap: December 29, 2017.