Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Voice Guidelines, SEO Tips & AdSense Display Issues
This week I published the monthly Google webmaster report, this past December was the busiest December in history. Google published their Google Assistant…
- Unusual Keywords In Google Search Analytics Reports Might Be Knowledge Graph Related
Every now and then you hear complaints or questions from SEOs that the reports in the Google Search Analytics report is wrong…
- Google: Too Many Subfolders Doesn’t Hurt Your Search Rankings
A webmaster asked Google if having too many subfolders on your site, in your site architecture, could that hurt your rankings. Google responded to the question on Twitter saying no, it does not hurt your rankings…
- Google AdSense Publishers Reporting Ads Not Displaying Again
I am now seeing an uptick in complaints from Google AdSense publishers that their ads, their AdSense ad units…
- Elisabeth Osmeloski – The Search Community Honors You
This is part of the say something nice about an SEO/SEM series – feel free to nominate someone over here.
Elisabeth Osmeloski, 40 years old, lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband and 82 pound lap dog…
- Google Bathroom Doors With Android Gender Signs
Here is a photo from the Google Zurich office, showing one of the bathroom areas that has gender signs on the bathroom doors. The gender signs is one thing, but they are in he form of Android figurin
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Report: Google Mulls Sale of Zagat, WebmasterWorld
- @bgtheory Thanks for surfacing this, Brad. Our technical team is currently investigating and working on fixing the issue. We’ll provide an update as sâ¦ https://t.co/mDsWgBW1nz, Google AdWords on Twitter
- @dancmorell @JohnMu The protocol & hostname of a URL aren’t case-sensitive, but by definition the rest of the URL is., Google Webmasters on Twitter
- Ah, yes, podcasts :-). We’ve done some experiments in that area over the years; sometimes experiments don’t work out as expected :)”, John Mueller on Twitter
This is a news feed, by author Barry Schwartz, the original post can be found here Daily Search Forum Recap: January 5, 2018.