Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Even Big Sites Aren’t Allowed To Sell Or Buy Links
Google’s John Mueller said on Twitter that even big sites that do paid links, buying or selling of links to pass PageRank or manipulate the Google search results, can be penalized and it is against Google’s webmaster guidelines…
- Google AdWords To Crack Down On Ticket Resellers
Google announced they have a new AdWords policy around ticket resellers. Specifically they now “require all event ticket resellers to be certified and to radically increase their transparency…
- Bing Multi-Perspective Answers – Like Two Featured Snippets
Bing wrote about their new Multi-Perspective Answers for their Intelligent Answers set. This is similar to what Google calls “featured snippets,” in case you were wondering.
In this case…
- Is Google Showing Fewer Featured Snippets In Search Results?
Just a few months ago, we reported that Google may have started showing more featured snippets recently but the data between the tool providers seemed off. It might be how each tool provider tracks those features…
- Cyrus Shepard – The Search Community Honors You
This is part of the say something nice about an SEO/SEM series – feel free to nominate someone over here.
Cyrus Shepard, lives in Seattle, Washington with his wife and business partner…
- Googlegeist Cupcakes – Yum
Here are more Google branded cupcakes, these are labeled Googlegeist. The picture was taken by Luci Barretto from the Google Dublin office and posted on Instagram.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- I don’t have any numbers to share. Also, these stats are tricky: "dim the lights", "play despacito", "wake me in 10 minutes" are potentially… https, John Mueller on Twitter
- Google dedicates engineering team to accelerate development of WordPress, Hacker News
- Report:Facebook Planning to Expand "Watch" and Revenues With Creatives, WebmasterWorld
- Are Adsense Overlay ads worth placing? Any feedback?, WebmasterWorld
- Improve the Community: Did you find an answer?, The Google Advertiser Community
- Lost Ranking After Guest Post, WebmasterWorld
- On Safer Internet Day, explore online safety resources for families that help…, Google+ – Google
- Searching for images? Take advantage of the "chips" you see in the user inte…, Google+ – Dan Russel
This is a news feed, by author Barry Schwartz, the original post can be found here Daily Search Forum Recap: February 7, 2018.