This week we uncovered a lot of interesting things about the confirmed Google core broad search update from August 1st. First, we noticed it had a huge impact on the health, medical and fitness space – virtually everyone agrees with that – so we named it the Google Medic Update. That is not to say it didnât significantly impact other verticals, it did. The update finished up this Wednesday but we saw more fluctuations after this core update was done. Some said there was also a local search Google Maps update. Google Search Console made a huge change the Index Coverage report between July 14th and August 1st, named it a Google Search Update, when it was just a reporting change and everyone is super confused because of the name and the data issues. Googleâs Danny Sullivan tackled the nofollow vs follow link debate, which was fun for me. Google said they do not have meta directives to tell them a part of a page moved. I implemented Speakable markup on the Search Engine Roundtable, go ahead, ask your Google Home âOkay Google, tell me the news about the Google algorithm update.â Googleâs mobile first indexing notifications are often delayed. Google Search Console fix requests can sometime take a few months. Google doesnât stop crawling URLs you put into the URL removal tool. Google has a way to submit a reconsideration request for Google Event markup penalties. The Google Cache date is based on the last time Google indexed the page, not crawled the page. Google Ads Report Editor has a way to plot comparisons on charts now. Google My Business menu and service editing is now global. Google Analytics launched Google Signals for better cross device tracking. Bing improved their hotel search results, home repair search results and deal search results. And this is your chance to get involved in the Google Monopoly game. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Medic Update: Google’s Core Search Update Had Big Impact On Health/Medical Sites
- Google Core Algorithm Update Roll Out Slowing Down
- Google Medic Update Complete But We Are Seeing New Search Fluctuations
- Google Medic Update: What You Can Do To Fix Your Rankings
- Was There A Google Local Maps Algorithm Update Too?
- Google Search Console Index Coverage Upgraded & More Accurate
- Don’t Let The “Google Search Update” Notice In Search Console Confuse You
- Google On Links For Republishing My Content
- Google: We Do Not Have A Page Partially Moved To A New Location Directive
- Listen To Google Speakable Markup In Action Over Here
- Reminder: Google Mobile First Indexing Notifications Are Delayed
- Google Search Console Shows How Slow Google Can Process Changes
- Google URL Removal Tool Does Not Stop Crawling; It Hides The URL In Search
- Banned From Google Event Markup? You Can Now Submit A Reevaluation Request.
- Google Cache Date Is Last Indexed Or Reindexed
- Google Ads Report Editor Now Supports Chart Time Comparison Data
- Google My Business Menu & Services Editing Now Globally Available
- Google Analytics Signals – Cross Device Capabilities
- Bing Hotel Search, Home Repair Search & Deal Search Gets A Boost
- The SEO Monopoly Game – SEOPOLY – Help Design It
This is a news feed, by author Barry Schwartz, the original post can be found here Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Medic Update, Local Ranking Update, Google Search Console Data, Google Signals, Bing Search & More.