Yesterday Google announced version 2.0 of Google Glass again. I say again because 2.0 I thought came out in 2013 when they came out with an upgrade of the version 1 model. But this is Glass Enterprise Edition 2, which is an upgrade of the version used in enterprises, mostly in manufacturing areas.
This version is built on Android, lasts a lot longer, has a better camera, is faster and is even cheaper. Oh and it is no longer a Google X project, it is now legit. 🙂
Here are the specs of the new model:
- SoC: Qualcomm Quad Core, 1.7GHz, 10nm
- OS: Android Oreo
- Memory & Storage: 3GB LPDDR4 / 32GB eMMC Flash
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac, dual-band, single antenna
- Bluetooh: Bluetooth 5.x AoA
- Camera: 8Mp, 80 DFOV
- Display: 640×360 Optical Display Module
- Audio out: Mono Speaker, USB audio, BT audio
- Microphones: 3 beam-forming microphones
- Touch: Multi-touch gesture touchpad
- Charging & Data: USB Type-C, USB 2.0 480Mbps
- LED:Privacy (camera), power (rear)
- Battery: 820mAh with fast charge
- IMU: Single 6-axis Accel/Gyro, single 3-axis Mag
- Power-saving features: On head detection sensor, and Eye-on screen sensor
- Ruggedization: Water and dust resistant
- Weight: ~46g (pod)
No – I will not get this version – I had version 1 – I am good.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
This is a news feed, by author Barry Schwartz, the original post can be found here Glass Enterprise Edition 2 – Google Glass 2 Again?.